Volunteers are the heart of the East Texas Food Bank, logging over 35,000 hours in 2012 and helping to distribute nearly 18 million pounds of food each year.
What volunteer opportunities are available?
We offer several ways you can volunteer at the East Texas Food Bank, including:
- Salvage/Reclaim: sort, inspect and repackage donated product that is received into the East Texas Food Bank.
- Repack Room: pack bulk dried products such as beans, rice, cereal, pasta, paper products, etc. into smaller quantities.
- Office: help with office and administrative support. Filing, data entry, light typing, photocopying and other duties as assigned.
- Warehouse: assist warehouse staff with various duties
- Bread pick up: drivers visit designated stores and deliver to the East Texas Food Bank on certain days.
What hours can I volunteer?
Volunteers are welcome during the following times:
Monday-Thursday 8:30 AM-12:00 PM
5:30-8:30 PM (must be present by 5:15 PM)
Friday Open to groups (please call to schedule)
Saturday 8:30 AM-12:00 PM (must be present by 8:15 AM)
How do I sign up or get more information?
Individuals, groups or community service volunteers can fill out an online application by clicking the buttons on the right.